The Purdue Honors College is a residential college that seeks to educate the whole student and bridge the gap between curricular and extracurricular learning. The Honors College hopes to draw curious, motivated, and dedicated students who want to be a part of a diverse community of scholars. To apply, you must indicate your interest in the Honors College on your Purdue Common Application or Coalition Application before the November 1 Early Action deadline. You will then be given a prompt to answer regarding your affinity for the Honors College. Each year, we are limited to an enrollment of approximately 750 new students. Honors College admissions decisions will be rolled out by the end of February each year.
- The Purdue Honors College admits only future college freshmen who have completed the Honors College portion of their Purdue Application.
- The selection process for Honors College invitations is holistic. GPA, test scores, aptitude for interdisciplinary learning, leadership and engagement are all considered.
- Students must agree to complete the Honors College curriculum.
- If you are admitted to the Honors College, you must accept your admission through your MyPurdue portal before the May 1 deadline. Accepting Purdue admission and accepting Honors College admission are separate processes.
- Students must fill out a valid housing contract by May 5 to be placed in an Honors Residential Community.
The Four Pillars of Our Education
Honors College courses challenge students to venture outside a single field of study to develop holistic thinking and problem-solving skills. Students work with and learn from one another in small seminars led by faculty from across campus. These courses promote community, develop collaboration, and foster strong leadership.
Students in the Honors College get an early introduction to research. Working with Purdue faculty, they will discover first-hand how research advances human knowledge. All Honors College students complete research leading to a scholarly or creative project. This experience provides a strong foundation to enter a career or graduate school.
Community and Global Experiences
The Purdue Honors College takes learning far beyond the classroom with meaningful experiences designed to enhance your honors education. Our scholarly community embraces peer-to-peer learning and offers each student and inclusive environment, where they can grow and learn. We aim to prepare students for the world by exposing them to new ideas, cultures, and locations. Through specialized programs, events, and study abroad opportunities our students connect with faculty, each other, and the world beyond.
Honors college students make an impact on campus beginning their first semester. Each member of our scholarly community is called to explore myriad leadership opportunities. Our robust leadership structure offers students the chance to develop a wide range of skill sets, with an emphasis on collaborative team work. Our students will lead the future.
Click on the boxes below to find more information
To learn more, schedule a campus visit, or meet with a current Honors College student, please contact email@example.com.