The Purdue Honors College is a residential college that seeks to educate the whole student and to bridge the gap between curricular and extracurricular learning. The Honors College hopes to draw curious, motivated and dedicated students who want to be a part of a diverse community of scholars. Each year, we are limited to an enrollment of 650 new students. Honors College admissions decisions will be rolled out in February of 2017.
- The Purdue Honors College selects current Purdue students who complete the transfer/continuing student application.
- Students must have at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
The following must be included with the application:
- A pdf copy of your current transcript, your Purdue ID (PUID) and a list of scholarships granted to you by Purdue (if applicable).
- A personal statement that answers: What are you passionate about and why? What are you life goals and how will your Purdue degree help you accomplish them?
- A projected plan of study that shows how you will incorporate the Honors College curriculum into your remaining semesters.
- Students must have at least four semesters of study remaining at the Purdue West Lafayette campus.
- Students must agree to complete the Honors College curriculum.
- The application must be completed at one time. It is not possible to save it and return to it later.
The application deadline for current first-year Purdue students seeking enrollment in the Honors College effective fall semester 2018 is January 26, 2018. For students currently in at least their second semester at Purdue, the deadline for seeking spring 2018 enrollment is September 22, 2017. The September deadline applies only to studnets who already have at least a semester of Purdue grades on their transcript. Follow this link for the application:
Academic History & PUID
|A pdf copy of your current transcript|
|Your Purdue ID number (PUID)|
|A list of scholarships granted to you by Purdue (if applicable)|
|A personal statement that answers the following questions:
What are you passionate about and why?
What are your life goals and how will your Purdue degree help you accomplish them?
Plan of Study
|A projected plan of study that shows how you will incorporate the Honors College curriculum into your remaining semesters. Click here to download a sample plan of study.|
These materials will assist in completing the application: the course requirements/plan of study for your major and a copy of the Honors College curriculum.
It is important to gather these things beforehand. It is not possible to save the application while it is in progress and finish it at a later time. You will be unable to make changes after the application has been submitted. You will need to sign in using your onePurdue career account.