Our mission is to create and foster well-rounded, well-educated global leaders. We work to create student leaders on campus who impact society from their very first semester. The four pillars, our primary tenets, come together to help us accomplish this mission. They are: leadership development, undergraduate research, community and global experiences, and interdisciplinary academics.
- Opportunities and Experiences
- Numerous opportunities and experiences exist for students to develop leadership skills crucial for academic and professional success.
- Student Organizations
- Our student-driven organizations provide opportunities to make a difference in the Honors College, the campus, surrounding communities, and beyond.
- Interdisciplinary Teamwork
- Living and learning in an interdisciplinary environment fosters increased involvement and helps develop problem-solving skills.
- Student Mentorship
- Peer mentors help in facilitating the first-year course and lead groups of students working on projects.
- Undergraduate Research
- Undergraduate research is a built-in component of honors learning, broadening each student’s understanding of global issues.
- World-class Faculty
- Honors students have the opportunity to work with the top instructors on campus, most of whom are award-winning professors.
- Thesis/Scholarly Project
- The thesis/scholarly project is a culmination of every individual student’s academic research experience.
- Interdisciplinary Breadth
- Interdisciplinary seminars help students understand the many complexities and issues crossing disciplines.
Community and Global Experiences
- Global Experience
- Students engage with visiting scholars and international classmates from across the world, creating intercultural bonds of friendship.
- Hailing from diverse geographical and educational backgrounds, honors students practice the collaborative skills and approaches for addressing issues in the global economy.
- Faculty Engagement
- Our faculty is engaged with the students both inside and outside the classroom.
- Honors Activities
- Honors College activities provide fun ways to socialize and to forge friendships within the community as well as develop a culture of giving and engagement.
- Global Learning
- Students are exposed to a variety of global travel opportunities that lead to academic and personal growth.
- National and International Scholarships Office (NISO)
- The professionals at NISO mentor students through the application process for prestigious scholarships.
- Interdisciplinary Thinking
- Honors courses are comprised of students from all disciplines from across the university allowing for open dialogue and collaboration.
- Lateral Learning
- Through discussion-based honors courses, students learn from one another daily.